Re: "SSTC" Reliability

Original poster: "James B" <zebulan123-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I know I do not post much, but I have built a few sstc
and ran them at varyious powers for extended time
periods. All of them have failed eventaly. With self
tuning topologies being the most reliable, from what I
have observed. I found little correlation (in well
built models) with power input and reliability. That
is my sstc drives seem to be as reliable at power
inputs close to there max rating as they are at lower
power inputs. I have no clue why my current designs
fail after prolonged use( I know what parts go bad of
course but can't figure out why) I would guess the
best approach would be to use a storage oscilloscope
to monitor the vital currents and voltages during
failure.