Re: Sync Motors Herbach-dot-com

Hi Scot,

 > Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>
 >
 > I had tested the motor I recieved from Herbach   ( the 8.00$ one  part
 > number TM92MTR2041/c )  and found it to lock at 90 degree sectors    now
 > heres the weird part...  it will do this when there is no load on the
 > shaft...   I built the spark gap and mounted the rotor and now for the bad
 > news...   it does as Scott sez   it locks at multiple points around the
 > cycle...  it no longer locks at 90 degree increments..

It it locking at non 90 degree positions or just pulling out of lock??  Any
sync motor can be made to pull out of lock with enough torque.   If your
SRSG rotor is too big for the HP of the motor, it may be pulling out of
sync.  How big is your SRSG rotor and what is the HP of this motor??

 > sooo..  I took it to work to mill some flats on the rotor and to my
 > suprize...  the rotor consists of a steel shaft,   an aluminum core with a
 > cylindrical solid magnet   nope  not split  not multiple parts  but a
 > single magnet...  okayy..  I still went and put it on the mill and tried
 > mill flats on it...   guess what...  this "magnet" is harder than
stainless
 > steel and will roll over the cutting edges of our best 4 flute milling
 > bits..   so much for milling flats...

May want to use an angle grinder instead of a mill.

Gerry R.