Re: Midas Board Power Supply

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Malcolm,

They were in the output side of the supply, the unit had a Corecom filter on
the line side of the main supply.  These appeared to be part of the low
voltage regulator system or part of the supply linking system.  The
regulator board looked almost identical to a Plasmasonic, but drove a single
mosfet with discrete components for each of the supplies.  I couldn't dig
much further as I had to send it back to the audio company.  I also haven't
been able to dig up a schematic on the manufacturers website to shed some
light on what caused the big pahooie mushroom cloud of death.  At least it
killed some major dead time during the load infor the sound crew.

David E Weiss