Re: Power factor correction capacitors for MOTs

Hi,

I blew mine up with it in the center of an extension cord playing way to
close to the coil...  I think if you keep the meter down stream on the AC
line far away from the coil it will be fine.  I don't think the AC line
killed mine but rather static sparks (not streamers) from me grounding
through the meter's display and buttons to ground.  The newer meters are a
bit different too to fix some problem, so that may help.  I just buy two of
them since they are cheap and pretty indispensable.  But if you are careful
with them, I think they will be fine.

Cheers,

         Terry