Re: Power factor correction capacitors for MOTs

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward-at-gmail-dot-com>

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:25:42 -0700, Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 > Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
 >
 > Haven't at least a couple of guys here succeeded in killing their
 > "KILL_A_WATT" trying to measure a TC?
 >
 > Ed

I have not used my Kill-a-watt meter on my spark gap coils, but i have
used it for SSTCs, DRSSTCs, VTTCs and NSTs.  Ive even accidentally
overcurrented it with my VTTC (they are power hungry..) and all it did
was flash on and off.  Handy meter, though it would be nice to have a
5000W version ;-).

Steve