Re: Power factor correction capacitors for MOTs

Hi Ed,

I too have wondered that.  There is an intrinsic inductance in the
transformer and the load capacitance should be reflected to the primary.  If
LTR operation is done, I would think the input of the transformer would look
capacitive.  Terry F. says that it still looks inductive because of the
shunts (context is NSTs).  I dont think I understand this.

Gerry R.