Re: "NEW" idea ?? on primary tapping...

Original poster: "David Rieben" <drieben-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com>

Hi Adam, Scot,

Wouldn't the primary tuning loop or "C", as someone else referred to it,
also add some additional inductance? I don't think that there's really any
way around some small additional inductance (or minute cap.) from the
tap lead. Whether it's the standard straight wire lead that has to be long
enough to reach the remotest tap-point of the primary coil or the tuning
loop"C", there still has to be a giving length of conductor to reach from
the primary capacitor/spark gap to reach the primary coil tuned tap point.
I suppose the "C" loop can somewhat shorten this required path and would
probably offer better asthetics ;^) Another idea that I'm employing into my
current big coil project is to cut a hole large enough to insert the primary
tap lead through in the priamry/secondary support deck between each
of the primary coil support blocks and keep the primary capacitor tap
lead connection point at near center of the lower support deck. That
allows me to keep the lenght the primary tap lead down to about 24" and
yet allows me to tap any part of the primary coil through any one of the
8 holes, since there are 8 primary supports. The primary outer diameter
will be appr 40" diameter.

David Rieben