Hey David...

sounds alot like my BIGPIG Coil...

my secondary is.... bottom 10" of wind is #10THHN  the rest,  45" of
#18    12.5"X55"

on the primary...   why 5/8"   Im using 3/8" with .25" spacing ( and Im
running 2 pigs in series for 30KV) and get an occasional primary flashover
( Im thinking it occurs when a bug falls between the turns.... hell of a
bug zapper)

my toroid is 12"X52"   with a smaller 6"X24" below the main toroid

caps..   Im using 4 Maxwells at .114uF all in series   each rated for
50KV    for a total V of 200KV with a rough estimate of .025uF total

maybe you should consider series for the caps  100KV at .050uF

my original setup used 2 1256D's in paralell   ( basically one for each leg
of the 240 line)  and kept the current around 30A max for short runs
the newer power supply has 4 1256Ds which allows 60A runs for extended
times ( several minutes instead of seconds)

as far as the rotory spark gap    if you supply the G-10 and Tungsten I can
supply the smaller parts and machine shop capacities  ( email me on this
one...  )

Scot D