Re: Side-wise Vectors?????

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 11/19/04 9:29:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 > There was a classical demonstration device where a current
 >  in an evacuated tube was made to rotate around a magnet. Maybe something
 >  can
 >  be reproduced with a "plasma globe", of those types that produce continuous
 >  arcs. Place a strong magnet close to the globe and see if something
 >  unusual happens.

     Like in a TV or monitor or scope's CRT?
     Wasn't it discussed here before that lightning bolts exhibit corkscrew
behavior?
     Would the corkscrewing mechanism be significant - if we could
"straighten" streamers, would they end up longer?

-Phil LaBudde