Re: Dryer duct toroid?

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>Yes I realise this, but im not quite able to get the duct to sit nicely
>around the peice of metal while I tape it... do I need to use alot of
>excess duct or should I strech it as much as I can? or do I insert
>something into the duct to make it more rigid for taping?

snipperz..

to get best "form" when starting a flexible tube toroid,  find something
that will emmulate the dia you need   be it a pot a bucket etc.   form the
toroid, join the ends, place the center support with a few pieces of tape
and wrap a long piece of tape around the outer dia. to "keep" the dia.
stabilized.  Then remove the center support and start with your tape
wrapping around the top and then the bottom of the toroid. Once that is
done then add your center support ( pizza pan what ever) and tape that into
position...   dont worry about if the support is dead center of the toroid
interior...  I kinda like the ability to have an "adjustable" height toroid
by flipping it over .... I  normally  place the center support on
purpose  above dead center of interior dia. for this reason...

Scot D

im feeling prolific tonite   :)