Re: Dryer duct toroid?

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey All..

other than a professionally made spun toroid...  the best I have come up
with is the aluminum "dryer" duct/aluminum tape combo but heres the best
part... dont expand the dryer duct keep it compressed as much as
possible...   yea  I know  it takes 3 X more tubing to make it but its
stiffer more dent resistant and after the tape is applied  SMOOTHER...
for smaller Dia. toroids...  pizza pans are fantastic for the center
support....   large dia. need wood wall panel double coated with aluminum
tape ( better stuctural bond)  the last toroid I made was 12" X 52"
compressed aluminum ducting and 3 rolls of aluminum tape...   the ridges
didnt show up in the tape ( although it took 3 tubes to make it ...ouch 75$
worth of tube) but its smooth and alot more dent resistant than expanded
tube of the same material ((which would have been 1 tube))... didnt I just
say that?  ; )

I suppose the 2 most expensive things about coiling are the toroid and the
caps.... if you want high quality...  hmmm  okayyy..   variacs are
expensive too
:)  hell  its all expensive...   GO FOR IT !!!!!  6.7 billion people in
this world and only about 1000 of us do T-Coiling    thats only .00067% of
the world population

we are a rare bunch......

Scot D