Re: Motor shaft flange (arbor) supplier?

Original poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com

Hi All.

I just had a thought. See about motor couplings. In my business we have
used various style couplings to link a motor with either a generator, or
with whatever the motor is running. I have seen many styles, the latest of
which is a round hub with 4 posts meant engage with another 180 degrees
out. there is a rubber coupling with 8 holes to receive each of the 4 posts
from the 2 hubs. this allows a "soft" start for the turbines, and gives a
safety fail system if any bearings happen to sieze. It would simply tear
the rubber coupling apart. Anyway, the point of this is that maybe you
might want to try motor couplings in those catalogs. Good luck!

Chris W