Re: Side-wise Vectors?????

Hi,

Of course, EM theory is always right :o)

I suspect that the powerful magnetic field is having zero effect on the
streamers.

Lest we make Karl Gauss mad :o)

What we are seeing is probably electrostatic repulsion of like
charges.  The metal coated magnet and the streamers have the same charge
and thus they repel.

I will test a similar size shape piece of aluminum to see if just the
"conductor" is causing the repulsion of the streamers.

I wrapped a nonmagnetic disk of about the same size with foil and tried it:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/PB210001.JPG

Yep!!  The magnetic field is not causing the repulsion.  It is just plain
old electrostatics at work.

Still waiting for the string theory guys to bust orthodox EM theory here >:)

I wonder if the feathers on the streamers are just electrons being forced
away from the main path by repulsion and they tend to form the cork screws
due to complex 3D effects...  Might need some high level nuclear 3D real
time modeling to figure that one out...

Cheers,

         Terry