Spark Shield

Original poster: "Greg Fader" <gfader-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to best shield the
ceiling (unfinished) in my basement from sparks. A few
posts I've seen indicate that a grounded chicken wire
screen is quite effective. I'm thinking this would
probably work, but wouldnt it have a tendency to
attract the sparks?  I'd rather not encourage arcs to
the ceiling, but prevent those that do occur from
striking the air ducts, wiring, etc.

Any comments or suggestions from those with experience
in this area will be most appreciated.

Regards,
Greg