Re: A question about UV and homemade plasma globes

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Bob: I have used auto airconditioner  and other compressors for vacuum pumps
and you nead a small oil input to prevent burn out. I use an oil input to
the vacuum side through a small tube silver soldered to the input side. A
small tube such as a hypodermic needle works well to inject light oil like
10 wt oil.  Air tool oilers also works.  Oil will collect in the exhaust so
you should have a catch can to stop an oil mess .
       Robert   H