Re: huge "quarter shrinker" caps on ebay for $50 each!

At 05:02 PM 10/27/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com
>Hi all,
>
>I had to pass this one on to the list. This would be one heckuva
>deal for anyone in southern California. Go to ebay item# 3848857633
>to see the 17.5 kV, 72 uFD GE caps for $49.99 each. Gosh, sometimes
>I wished I lived in CA as it seems that about 90% of the good deals
>on big stuff like this are located there. Being in TN, the freight/
>shipping charges would kill me ;^(((
>
>David Rieben
11kJ is a nice size for a quarter shrinker. as is the fairly low voltage

One might be able to get the spec off the LLNL website (LES 2248(9)6)

One key asepect that's not obvious is the series inductance, which would be
important in those sorts of applications.