Re: Terry's DRSSTC

Hi All,

I layed out the input section here on the floor:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/DRSSTC/PB240012a.JPG

I think the circuit breaker will be first followed by 240V MOVs. Then the 20 amp dual stage line filter and the 120A two diode bridge. Then the 220uF HF filter electrolytics and the 1 Ohm 100W (2.5uH) resistors. Note that the 4 X 4700uF 200 V caps are far smaller than the one 450V 3100uF cap! The arrangement seem to most logical to me.

The larger cap has an ESR of 36 mOhm and a ripple rating of 10.2 Amps. The four smaller cap together have an ESR 32 mOhm and a ripple rating of 19.1 amps. The larger cap I think is 1978 vintage and the small caps were made a few months ago. So the smaller size and higher rating are due to 20 years of improvements ;-) If they don't blow up, they will save a lot of room and weight!!

I tested the controller board and it seems to be working fine. So getting something done ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry