RE: LTR cap BPS?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

The BPS of a static gap is whatever it "needs to be", determined by the
gap width, cap size, and power supply.  Sorry to be so vague, but there
is no specific target number, and it's not related to mains-resonance.
Lower figures generally result from higher C values and/or higher
voltages, resulting in greater bang sizes and better performance.  From
a post I submitted last year:

I just measured the BPS of my mini coil, using a partially-deshunted
4/20 NST.  Using a digital storage scope, I scoped the field coming off
the secondary over a 400 msec interval with a scope probe hanging about
8 feet from the coil.  I tried 3 different cap sizes:
Cap	BPS
.012uF	297 BPS
.02uF	207 BPS
.025uF	157 BPS

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi, I was wondering, when using a LTR cap an a NST, is your break rate
> spost to be around 60? is the resonant action what causes it not to be
120+?