Re: Measuring Streamer characteristics

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi Dr

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 > We looked at streamer formation once with a high speed camera (film type)
at
 > it usually takes 150 to 200 uSec to get average peak length.  This was
over
 > 12-15 cycles of 3 uSec burst peaks.  Lots of ion formation is required to
 > grow the spark.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance

  Thats interesting can you post the pics or do you have link to them?
Do you have any more info to go with those fugures such as streamer length,
and bang energy or is that a general obsevation about big and small
streamers

What do you mean by "3 uSec burst peaks" ?

Regards

Bob