RE: Measuring Streamer characteristics

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >This is
 >how we came up with the 220K +1pF per foot of capacitance model for a
 >streamer load.

Terry (and others)

Could you explain this further please? It never seemed right to me. Richie
Burnett and I have seen a lot of weird things in our SSTC work, and the best
explanation we can think of is: As a streamer gets longer, its equivalent
shunt resistance to ground must go down, not up. So I don't see how a model
that says "X ohms per foot" can be correct.

I'm trying to do some experiments similar to Terry's and see what comes up

http://scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/experiment/

Steve C.