RE: Query on formula existence

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I don't think the optimum top load dimensions are governed by secondary
dimensions.  It's all related to bang size, and perhaps overall power
throughput.

That said, there IS a "general" correlation between power throughput and
secondary dimensions.  In my experience, when striving for the longest
possible streamer from a breakout point, toroids want to have a major
O.D. at least as long as the secondary form is long - larger than what I
would consider aesthetically proper.  I have never seen a formula any
more specific than such guidelines, and as always, your mileage may
vary.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA