Re: Calculating capacitance of stacked toroids . . .

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
>
>I know i asked this awhile ago, but the www.pupman-dot-com site where the
>archives lie never seems to
>work.
>
>Anyways, if you have two stacked toroids, what approximations can you
>use to get a ballpark number for
>capacitance of the toroid stack?
>
>Thanks
>Dan

Dan,

I don't have my notes with me but I believe I have calculated in the past,
the effective sum is about 65% of the total of the two.  Toroid one is 40
pf and toroid # two is 50 pf, when stacked (and I think it depends on how
you stack them - ie how far apart they are) their effective capacitance
should be around 59 pf.

Ed Sonderman