Re: First coil built, was Re: humor, was:Re: Transformers for sale,

Original poster: "Bert Hickman" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com
>In a message dated 9/21/04 10:02:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>I built my first coil from the Popular Electronics articles in 7th grade
>shop class in 1965, while my classmates were building bowling pin
>lamps.  Needless to say, I had an extremely understanding shop teacher.
>Those were great days!
>Dave
>  >My coiling extends back to 1972 - a mere 32 years ago.
>ca. 1958 here.
>Matt D.
>
>.

Gotcha' beat by one year Matt - 1957 (in 6th grade), using a Model T
ignition coil powered by a Lionel train transformer. The Tesla Coil was
loosely based on one in "The Boy Electrician" by Morgan... :^)

-- Bert --