Re: Flat-Copper-Strip Flat-Spiral-Primary Inductance Calc's?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>

 > >of course i've tried Antonio's INCA for the problem. I "think" it has the
 > >capabilities in it, to resolve the problem. But right now, the results
 > >were about same as the wheeler formula. There is no input parameter about
 > >axial extension of the conductor in flat configurations, but perhaps, by
 > >implementing parallel filaments, it could be introduced?
 > >...Or I don't see, what is already present in INCA?

The calculation with parallel turns implemented in the program only
works for stacked turns, that can simulate a single turn made with
a wide foil. It would be relatively simple to extend the program to
deal with spiral coils made with foil, or parallel wires, but this
is not implemented. I will see what I can do.

 > >>I used Antonio`s INCA program to calculate the 2-turn primary of my OLTC.
 > >>It was the only program that got close to so small an inductance.

This is implemented.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz