Re: Streamer colour

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/1/05 9:51:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

     Has the "secret" quench gap indicated on the Golka's spec sheet become
"declassified" yet?

Phil,

Don't know, but I seem to remember that the actual rotary gap rotor was a buzzsaw
blade powered by very large motor. Although the system didn't use a toroid,
it processed so much power that the sparks were very bright anyway.
Toilet bowls were used as insulators to support the primary if I remember
correctly. There's a segment about the coil on one of Richard Hull's videotapes.

John