Re: IT LIVES!

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve,

On the dots might also be due to scan rate. A TV set uses both 60 and 15750 Hz for scanning the beam. A CCD might have similar rates. I have seen video cameras screw up taking shots of scenes lit with strobe lights.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Please respond on the bizarre phenomenons...

The freaky dots are caused by the light from your spark gap. Because you
moved the camera a lot during the long exposure, they smear all over the
frame. The spark gap light is not continuous but a series of very short
flashes so that explains why it appears as a chain of dots.

I've seen some similar dots in my pictures on this page

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/t2tl.html

but the camera was on a tripod in this case so the explanation must be
different. I think the light was bright enough to confuse the camera chip or
something.

Nice coil!

Steve Conner