Re: Hybrid Solid State Vacuum Tube Design [LONG!]

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed - I already have a 6V 90A transformer which I currently have made into a spot welder that does up to 800A. Picked it up for AUD$20 in a junkyard. Could easily rewind one or two MOT's if I had to get the required current though. Spotwelder flash is here. Lots of detail when enlarged.
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/misc1.htm#Spotwelder
Transmitting tube is here (actually I wrote 60KW and 89A when I put the pic in. I'll have to check)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/Tesla_coil_18inch.htm#4%20MOT%20supply

Peter (Tesla Downunder)

"Hmmm... I have a 30KW transmitting tube good to 30MHz with a nice 80A
filament. Should be able to do something with this. Perhaps not the best
one to try as a first valve project though.   Peter"

First thing to do is find a filament transformer!  The tube should be
rugged enough to live through a lot of accidents at low power.
Ed