Re: BIGGG COIL'S NEW PROBLEM

Original poster: bigggcoil@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:38:50 -0600
Subject: Re: BIGGG COIL'S NEW PROBLEM

THANKS ALL FOR THE INPUT ON FILTERING. MY BIGGEST CONCERN WAS THIS DID NOT HAPPEN LAST YEAR, BUT I'LL INSTALL MORE FILTERING AND LOW VALUE CAPACITORS AT THE SERVICE ENTRANCE TO OUR HOUSE.

COILING IN OKLAHOMA
KEVIN E

One thing to consider is the possibility of high frequency noise riding back to the mains on the line powering your spark gap. In my experience, the huge inductance of the distribution transformers eats up most of the noise trying to return on the hv lines, but often times the gap line is ingnored. Even if you avoid any direct hits of tank rf to the gap assembly, just its proximity to the e-field can pump high frequency back into the supply. I use an LC combo on both lines that power the gap.. thought about adding some MOVs, but it hasn't been an issue.

Perhaps you're already filtering that... just a thought.

~syd klinge