Re: Beer bottle /Geek Group Caps

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, It does matter. It matters for the same reason that you don't use black rubber for the belts in Van de Graaff generators. The dark material is slightly conductive because it contains carbon or something. You need to use clear bottles.
Steven Steele
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:14 PM
Subject: Beer bottle /Geek Group Caps

Original poster: Jerry White <starcatfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I read a post the other day that mentioned caps using dark bottles heating up. Is there any real difference between clear and brown bottles? I am about to make a Geek Group cap and all I have is brown bottles. If I need clear bottles I will have to suffer and drink more beer. The things we will do to build a coil! :-)) Sill cheeper than building a mmc. That will be in the future.
Jerry