Re: Beer bottle /Geek Group Caps

Original poster: Jerry White <starcatfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good idea! I think that I will do this. I am almost ready to start the building phase. It will take a while because we are starting our busy season at work and I have a very limited budget, but when I get it running I will let every one know. Thanks for all the valuble info.
Jerry

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Karl Lindheimer

Hi jerry,

Why not do the following: Build a Geek Group style beer bottle bucket cap
with the brown bottles you have. Measure your coil's performance.
Later, rebuild the cap with clear Corona beer bottles and compare
results. I used for two years a bucket cap made with Corona bottles, and
it worked nearly as well as the MMC that eventually replaced it.
Corona bottles are narrow, and have a nice skinny neck which I believe
keeps "Corona" losses down.

Best Regards,

Karl