turnoid question

Original poster: John Krinks <jk175400@xxxxxxxx>

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and I am a senior in civil engineering (formerly
electrical engineering) at Ohio University. I have a bit of free time this
quarter during the weekdays and decided to build my first tesla coil. I seem
to be having a little trouble deciding on how to construct a turnoid. I
realize that the better the turnoid, the longer the streamers - so I want to
make this good, without spending too much cash. I was thinking of forming some
chicken wire into a donut shape and then wraping that in aluminum foil. I
would greatly appreciate any alternate suggestions or comments on that plan.

John Krinks