Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

At 05:41 PM 8/7/2005, you wrote:

3) Their book "Spark Discharge" costs $100+! If you want to shell out for a copy, and try to "adapt" the "currently available facts" contained in it to Tesla coiling, good luck! But I believe Terry bought it, and I haven't seen any 120 foot sparks coming from his back yard yet.

Gerry has it right now and he has 80 inch arcs ;-)) It really is a good book. Maybe a bunch of local folks (Teslathon) could each donate a little money and then you could all share it. Or, convince a local library just to buy or get it for you.

We seem to be figuring out things about streamers at a very fast pace now. "the Book" does suggest that we should do things a bit differently. Probably won't make a 120 foot difference, but maybe just a few extra feet ;-)) I think they got to 150 "meters" in Russia but that was not with a Tesla coil. But we can use a few of the same ideas for sure!

Cheers,

        Terry

Steve Conner