RE: Tesla Coil - Internal Arcing on Secondary

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dan,
        I used a 2-stage modified Marx to double the voltage of a
beefy 7.5kV transformer once to run a Tesla coil. The Marx caps
doubled as the primary caps and the circuit effectively had three
gaps in series. The Marx bit used chokes as charging elements rather
than resistors. There is no reason why I couldn't have used more
stages. The primary PRF was 2Fmains.

Malcolm