Re: Tesla Coil - Internal Arcing on Secondary

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

Is the secondary arcing at the bottom? ie through the form to the primary? If so, you either need more clearance inside between the windings or maybe add some insulation between them. Or, move the primary to the outside. The secondary wire itself should not be arcing to the form. There is no reason for this to happen. Maybe a shorted turn?

Ed Sonderman