Re: Three phase made from a 3Ph induction motor.

"Hello all,
Has anyone ever made a three phase generator from a 3 phase induction
motor driven by a suitable Horse Power engine or motor with any
success? The few sites I have found on this discuss the need to add
run capacitance, provide adequate mechanical or ? frequency
governing. Apparently this is done by driving the motor at more Rpm
then the name plate.
Not quite off topic as I am still building a DC powered coil.

Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca
CYA in Wisconsin!"

	Two separate things discussed here.  A three-phase induction motor with
capacitive loading driven by an external prime mover would generate
power at the synchronous frequency (60 Hz / # of pole pairs).  If the
same machine, sans capacitors, were hooked to a  60 Hz power line it
would deliver power to that line if driven above synchronous speed, but
the power would still be at 60 Hz.  Common application for regenerative
braking.

Ed