RE: 48kW DRSSTC and RELIABILITY

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

For example, one test would be to run the full-bridge at full power,
then throw a direct ground to the primary.

I don't think that's a reasonable test: it's like expecting an open frame power supply to survive getting a screwdriver poked in it at random while powered. All the other tests you mentioned, fine, but I think that one is just too severe :-o

If you still want to pass it, it might be worth putting fuses (or limiting resistors) in both the hot and neutral power lines. The short circuit current has to return through the live and neutral and the fuses should stop it.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/