Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: Grishka <ghome@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello Terry,

>The antenna's ground plane is grounded through the cable to
>the scope chassis

I understand this, but - if the scope is grounded directly?

And - you wrote:

"If smaller input impedances are available, the frequency response can be extended further"

Pretend a situation - we take, say, an 1M input scope, put the T-connector to its input, 50-ohm terminator and antena to the free side. We`ll lost some sensibility, but I wonder - how much times
would the bandwidth increase? 1000000/50=20000 times?