Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"The capacitance between the coil and the antenna and the capacitive
load form a voltage divider. The voltage is directly proportional to
the coil's secondary voltage."

i think that what you said above is correct only in the vacuum, coz in
the air there are such things  like "ion cloud", "rectification" and
maybe other even more funny stuff :-)
imo the charge in space between the toroid and antenna depends not
only from the toroid voltage (or secondary current) - changing of this
charge in time caused not only by the  toroid voltage changing. so
even if we assume that the capacitance between the coil and the
antenna is always constant and totally independent from
processes/fields in its dielectric/interelectrode space, i think that
some high amplitude "peaks" that you see on  waveforms are not the
peaks of the secondary voltage at all.
the most interesting - to see the voltage changing at the start (and
after) the discharge appears, but the antenna will work in its
worst way in this case - coz the discharge carries the area  of the
strong field in its head. even if the discharge is not directed in the
antenna side - it should  change the field configuration a lot anyway.

imo this antenna can`t be used for any measurements - only for
observing waveforms, and even then with some restrictions. but
waveforms of what? indeed not of the secondary voltage itself, but
summ of it with voltage changes caused by other processes.

ready for the bricks :-)

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D