Re: Need Help With School Project

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

you came to the right place...

How limited are your funds?
Totally low buck: Scrounge a GM HEI coil at the junkyard, pull the core, and
hook up a light dimmer and a capacitor.   Lest you think this is totally
lame, the current record is sparks more than a foot long.

Next tier up: Get a neon sign transformer, make beer bottle in 5 gal plastic
bucket cap,  use some copper pipe scraps for the spark gap, scrounge some
wire and wind a secondary. Buying ALL the parts new will probably run you
around $150, with no scrounging.  Scrounging... under $50

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 7:01 PM Subject: Need Help With School Project