Re: Copper Banding?

Original poster: "Terry Blake" <tb3@xxxxxxx>

Hi Tyler,

I'm not sure about copper banding, but I have used a spring-bronze
weatherstrip and a 0.25" thick polyethylene foam strip (sticky on 1 side) to
make a few primaries.  The spring-bronze weatherstrip is 1.25" wide and
about 0.01" thick.  It is the same stuff used to seal around doors.  I like
it better than copper, because it does not kink, and is very springy.

Here is a link to my HUGE Tesla coil that used such a primary for up to
7.5KVA.  It put out 9 foot streamers.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/hugecoil/primary/primary.html

Here is a link to a smaller primary and shows how I was able to construct it
by myself in 30 minutes.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/oil/mini/primary.html

Both links provide a link to the suppliers.

Here is the same type of primary on my DRSSTC at the 2004 Cheesehead
Teslathon.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/ch2004/pages/IMG_4883a.htm

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/ch2004/index.htm

These primaries are very compact, look great, and are reasonable to make.

Enjoy.

Terry Blake
Coiling in Chicago.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/index.html