Re: Variac brushes (fwd)

Original poster: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:28:12 +0000
From: david baehr <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: chip@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Variac brushes

Hi, After making a few phone calls, I was directed to a place called 'wright source' in Ohio. I got this info from a company called Techna
Power. Anyway, this place took over G R variac ( Gen Rad) no longer is in the variac buisness,.... This place still makes wipers for the old
General Radio variacs, but , it 'll cost ya. They told me 47.50 + 15 handeling + ship,...
Im guessing about $ 67 !!! : ( I only paid about $30 for the Variac.....I went to a motor shop in town, they gave me a couple of
used motor brushes, but they will have to be modified to work, and , well, I'll try it,.....Maybe a large order of wipers from this company
would bring the price down,....anyone out there with a G R variac that needs new wiper ??? Thanks Chip, Can you post this on the list, as my
emails art goin through, thanks