To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: Geek group salt water bucket cap woes.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

Adam -

Thank you for pointing out the environmental impact to motor oil in SW
caps.  I wish sites that advocate SW caps would point this out.  Folks
seem to think that the things they build will last forever, and disposal
never enters their mind.

I would add that if one is determined to build a SW cap, please use
mineral oil from the laxative section of the drug store, instead of
motor oil.  It insulates just as well as motor oil, and since it's meant
to be ingested, has a much lesser environmental impact.  But any oil
dumped down the drain is bad for what's at the other end of the pipe,
and I whole-heartedly agree with you on MMC's!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA