Re: Geek group salt water bucket cap woes.

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul and Debbie, Glad to hear that Paul doing better, and is able
to stay involved with the list.

And what did paul do with the empty oil cans/bottles that still had
the bit in them you can never get out? Put them in the trash I assume?

You should not dump laundry detergent in the environment either, (it
is about as bad as what is in oil) oil or "soap" can cause all kinds
of problems if it gets into a body of water, suffocate fish and bugs,
etc... but as for being toxic, that it is not, but again it is
"Legal" to put "new" oil in the landfill, but not used oil (and I
live in California), as for dumping down a sink drain, it would not
be worse then cooking oil and laundry soap (actually quite nasty
stuff) which I am sure that you do dump both down drains. I am not
saying that you should (I also think we should quit dumping all that
phosphorus laden soaps, and even worse household chemicals down
drains either.

I also have a history of racing, though I raced motorcycles, I also
currently am a marine engine mechanic, where I work on diesel engines
in boats while they are still in the water, and we must be very
careful about spilling anything, (it is illegal to even spill soap
into the water). And of course all used oil/ and such should be
properly recycled (and legally must be) but new oil has no such legal
issues, and the additives used today are not nearly as bad as those
of 10 years ago (which were never really that bad anyway).

Just my two cents,

btw, Glad to hear that Paul doing better, and is able to stay
involved with the list.

-Rich