Re: Coupling vs secondary voltage chart

Hi Antonio,

I am very happy to here the model predicted what was "expected"! That shows it is probably giving good data!! Since the program is brand new, I try to check everything every way I can to be sure it is working correctly.

R1 was 3 ohms and R2 was 391 ohms.  I just copied the parameters from here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoilSCH.gif

C3 was 3.83pF and R3 was 220k ohm.

I did a power analysis where I added up all the power losses vs power inputs and it was correct to within 0.014%! I am using 100 steps per cycle. The program can automatically default to that if the time step is less than 0. I found 100 steps was a bit better than 50 steps. I also found that double precision numbers make a difference (like in E-Tesla6) so that is what I use.

It is stunning how much computers have improved in the last few years!! For E-mail you do not notice, but that last DRSSTC model I ran did 50 trillion machine ops!! That is including my surfing the web while it was running ;-))

The hacked version of ScanTesla I used for this is at:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/modeling/ScanTesla6.10-KvVT-hacked.zip

I think the input file is for the DRSSTC case... Know that I have run it once, it could run much faster if I limit the parameters to what I now know their limits are...

Cheers,

        Terry