Re: Streamer length vs. power delivery time...

Hi Steve,

At 05:50 PM 6/17/2005, you wrote:
> The graph is showing commutative "streamer energy" not coil
> energy/bang.  The second to the last page lists your total bang energy at
> 15.476 joules.  At 120 BPS, that is 1857 watts.
(snip)

> I am using "streamer energy" not "bang energy" in the graph.  Just a matter
> of which data column I picked up in the graph.  No rhyme nor reason that I
> did not pick total energy I guess that is what the program just happened to
> be set for...  But no problem, everything is ok.  I got 15.476 joules...

(snip)

Ok, slightly confused now!  Maybe if you look at the sim file i sent
you, you may find that i have made some silly error with my streamer
model.  At the output of the resonator, i just have 6pF and 220k in
parallel to ground, is that the correct way to model it???

No! The 6pF capacitor should be in series with the 220k resistor, not in parallel with it.

So then i integrate the power through the 220k resistor alone to get my 15J.

You will get about 6 joules in the 220k streamer resistor. The 15 joules is input power. You can integrate the power through Rprimary to find that.

How would i figure out only the "Streamer" energy as ScanTesla is doing?

Integrate for the power in the 220k streamer resistor.

Cheers,

        Terry

Steve