ScanTesla V-7.30

Hi All,

I found a major bug in ScanTesla so I figured it was time to update ;-)

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/modeling/ScanTesla730.ZIP

In several places I was using abs when I should have been using fabs... That messed up the goal search functions.

The new version also has some improvements:

There is now a start, stop, increment function to search for Dwell Time for the DRSSTC. That way you can pump the coil's power right to the max and know the best dwell time too.

The program now has a BPS input so all the coil's power and outputs are in plain old "watts". If you input "1" for the BPS, then the outputs are just bang energies like before but I print bang energies still too...

Automatic L1 range. If you input a negative number for the L1 increment, the program will automatically scan from -20% to +5% in 100 steps based on the secondary tuning. This saves a massive amount of waisted time searching for obvious out of tune conditions... This probably speeds the search 100X!! It also eliminates high frequency cases that really takes a lot of time at 100 steps/cycle...

The DOS output screen will not jitter and flash as much now...

It appears that lower Cprimary values give higher streamer power but longer Load Energy Rise Time times. High Cprimary values have a somewhat lower streamer power but faster LERT times... It would be nice if we knew how much Load Energy Rise Time affected streamer length to find a nice compromise... I am able to tune just about any coil for high performance so my big coil as a DRSSTC has great hope ;-))

One also has to play with primary currents and voltages verses practical MMCs... The primary RMS currents for optimal DRSSTCs is very high!!! The program still finds nice low coupling values. In the example above it was 0.07. But I think that goes up with Cprimary...

With the improvments above, I can scan MMC increment values, coupling, dwell time in about 15 minutes. So speed is not a problem considering how long it would take by hand :o))) I have been using the program a lot and it all seems pretty smooth now.

Cheers,

	Terry