Re: Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/27/05 1:55:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
We can examine the classic equation for an air cored inductor: L = u
Nsqrd A / l
Multiply the numerator and denominator by 4pi we get:

L = u Nsqrd 4pi sqrd  r sqrd / 4 pi l  =  u (2pi r N)sqrd / 4 pi l

Since 2pi rN equals wire length we can write:

L = u (wire length)sqrd / 4 pi l

Letting the solenoid height ( l ) equal the wire length,  we find
that the classic equation predicts that the inductance of a straight
wire is simply:

Lstwire = u wire length / 4 pi

But using the above "classic equation" also collapses the inductance to zero as the radius "r" and the turns "N" go to zero.

-Phil LaBudde