RE: Eupec IGBT's

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>I'm just wondering if these would be suitable for coil work before I make
>the purchase.

They look OK to me. Not all that fast (although they don't seem to be any
slower than say a Powerex CM600xxxxx) so you would want a gate driver
capable of deadtime, and a large coil that operated around 60kHz or
thereabouts. I have heard of the CM600HA-24H being used up to 130 kHz in
DRSSTC work, but I'm not sure they liked it much.

I was interested to see on that datasheet, that the maximum 1ms peak current
is 600A but the maximum DC current at 25'C case temp is 625A. Some mistake
surely.

Steve Conner