Re: PVC Pipe

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley" <dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Agreed.  I was primarily talking about coating the inside of the secondary.
Perhaps on very high powered coils (or very humid areas) this might be good
practice, but for everyday, run of the mill
regular coils its not necessary.

Coating on the outside over the windings is always good practice - nice
protection and neat.

dan

>  > >I would have to agree.  But I do still like to apply several coats of
>  > >polyurethane over the wound secondary to keep things from moving
about,
>  > >and general aesthetics.
>  > >
>  > >Regards, Gary Lau
>  > >MA, USA
>  > >
>  > > > Original poster: "Daniel McCauley"
>  > ><dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  > > >
>  > > > I don't think you have to worry about drying and sealing your PVC
>  > >pipe.  To
>  > > > be honest, i think its a waste of time.
>  > > > I've built plenty of coils in the past years without doing this and
>  > >i've
>  > > > never had a problem.
>  > > > I wouldn't waste your time on that.
>  > > >
>  > > > Dan
>  > > >
>  > > >
>  > > >  > All,
>  > > >  > Thanks a lot for all the info on PVC pipe. They weren't kidding
>  > >when they
>  > > >  > said everyone on here is nice and helpful! From what you've told
me
>  > >and
>  > > >  > from what I've seen other people using on their very successful
>  > >TC's, I
>  > > >  > think I will just go ahead and dry and seal white schedule 40
PVC