Re: Running a TC for the first time,

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jared,

That's the fun I was having during my first light at Cheesehead. Haven't had the time/weather to finish timing/tunning on that coil yet. But I was able to hit the ground fixture at about 24" continually. I would like to get that rotory to the point which the phase controller is only for fine tunning and not rough adjustment.

David E Weiss

Original poster: jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx
Being horribly out of tune to the point where the safety gap is going
nuts can kill an N.S.T in short order, it can also ruin your tank
capacitor.   Safety gaps are a must but they do not afford complete
protection. A safety gap that is open too far is basically no
protection at all. So what I am basically saying is this: If your gap
is going nuts you need to make some changes, and these changes should
not include opening up the safety gap.

Good luck from Jared